[OM] Re: last four rolls of kodachrome and dead V700

Subject: [OM] Re: last four rolls of kodachrome and dead V700
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:53:06 +0100
<<
Up here in NB, Canada, you always had to mail it and wait a couple weeks. I

kind of like waiting for film actually. I can still get instant results
with
the digital camera if that is what I want that day.
I only ever had one Kodachrome film lost in the mail that I recall, and
none
stomped on. About the only new hazard from here is getting x-rayed, so I'll

send mine from the US side now, and hope for the best. Hopefully at 64 iso
it'll be okay.

In Italy we had a facility near Milan, some km from home, but you had to
mail it anyway. My photo shop did that. In the early '80, I lost a roll,
due
to an unfortunate coincidence: the shop didn't stamp their name on the
envelope nor I wrote my name and address on it. I eventually filled a paper
about the content of that roll, and they gave me a new roll. One year
later,
entering in the shop, I had the surprise to find the lost roll. Clearly
there was someone at the kodak plant that went through all anonymous rolls
and recognized my roll from the description. IMO a good example of customer
care. So in the end I had my roll developed AND a new roll :)

Ralf Loi