[OM] Re: FL40 and C8080 - and C7070.

Subject: [OM] Re: FL40 and C8080 - and C7070.
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 00:52:56 +0800
Roger

The reason why Olympus discontinued the C8080 and C7070 was because of the
potential threat that both these could be against the then-new E-300 DSLR
camera. This threat is actually quite real because the 8080 and 7070 were
just fantastic cameras. Yes, it is a real pity because I love BOTH cameras
and I still do. And there are plenty of people within Olympus who actually
lamented their passing till today. We speak hushly about how great they
really are and as far as I am concerned both the 8080 and 7070 are still
amongst the 'greats' in the world of digital cameras.

You might want to wonder why Olympus has not released wallpapers in their
Japanese site featuring the C8080 or at least I don't think there are any.
Considering how respected this camera still is, you could be very
curious...... ;)

K.