[OM] [OT] Calling Tim - Cheap radio slaves and the C 540EZ

Subject: [OM] [OT] Calling Tim - Cheap radio slaves and the C 540EZ
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 16:55:49 -0800 (PST)
Chuck,
      Earliest Garage door openers used discrete transistor designs, but a
National Semiconductor
chip seemed very popular for quite a long time. (Look for a 14pin dip package
with NS...someting
on it. ) Nowdays people often use the "Industrial, Scientific and Medical"
(ISM) bands at 300MHz
or 900MHz. Search for and read the "lynx" website for good overview of US
domestic and
international product use. Typically now, for low cost aplications they seem to
use SAW stabilised
oscillators, like in the Lynx products.

Tim Hughes