[OM] Re: Olympus C 8080

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus C 8080
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:11:57 -0800
Brian Swale wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just curious, especially given what was said in the last digest ( which
> impressed me - but maybe I'm impressionable :-)  ). ( Are all those brackets
> in the right places?)
>
> Did the Olympus C 8080 come out in only the wide-zoom configuration?
>
> Brian

That's the only one there is, Brian.
The 35mm equivalent is 28 - 140mm.
Not at ALL bad for any single use Zoom, I'd say.
I regularly carry a 24mm rpime with me, with SLRs, but on the top end I
think 135mm is tops, while 100mm is the usual tele in the bag.

I'm very pleased with the coverage me C8080 gives!
The 5x zoom and the f/2.4.
I'd rather it would open to f/1.8 as my C5050 did, but...

keith whaley