[OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:29:36 -0800
My point I'm trying to make with Scott is:

1: The box does not have enough damage to support a claim:
http://www.imaginenature.com/50_12a.jpg

also, they may say it was sufficiently packaged. The 50/1.2 has a little
wider girth than this and this is how it was shipped - with the focus ring
angainst the small side of the box. There was only a sheet, or two, of
bubble wrap and the cardboard against each side of the focus ring. If this
box was on the ground and a heavier box dropped on it, the box would not
show damage (no room to compress), and the focus ring would take most of the
force. To be honest, I have taken a very close look at the box and I don't
see any evidence of this happening anyway:
http://www.imaginenature.com/50_12b.jpg

I've let Scott know I am willing to follow through with a USPS claim, but
from these pics it's obvious to me that it's just a waste of both of our
time. I have dealt with USPS claims before and they are the worst. One look
at the box and they will stamp DENIED all over it.

Paul