[OM] Re: Bean Bag Fillers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bean Bag Fillers?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:58:09 -0800
Jay Drew wrote:

> Walt,
> Cabela's is back ordered for 6-7 weeks.  I found another site that has copper
> plated 7 1/2 10lbs for 23 bucks.  So is copper plating better/worse that
> nickel
> for this purpose?
>
> Anyone recommending a cloth?
> That idea of a lead filled neroprene glove seems heavy handed.

Grooooaan

> This will be an easy bag job for the wife.  She makes corn bags, elongated
> sacks
> filled with feed corn.  You pop them in the microwave and voila, portable
> heating pad.
We were using one of those. Carol Anne is, among other things, a massage
therapist (Am I lucky or what!) and used it both for clients' feet and
to warm her side of the bed on chilly nights.

After a lot of use, it started to smell funny, sorta burned. Now using a
rice bag, which hasn't had that problem so far.
> So this will be a mini corn bag, with lead.  No microwaving.
>
> And no one mentioned searching for rubber coated lead balls and what their
> results were.

What list will that get me on??? ;-)     - Oh, not what I thought.
> Jay, Good Vibrations for the Beach Boys,
Good Vibrations is the name of a famous purveyor of sexual enhancement
products here, a pioneer in the field. It's now an employee co-op. The
founder once chatted me up (well that's a polite way of putting it.),
not at the store, far away at a dream workshop. Flattering, but Weird
Vibrations.

Moose