[OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:29:00 -0500
Be like me and just pretend that it doesn't and hope for the best. While I
haven't worked for UPS personally I did a spell of loading work at one of
the others hubs. This was while I still lived in the UK. My best advice
would be: *don't* put anything breakable into the
anything-that-fits-into-this-bag fixed rate free packing. Those got tossed
from one end of the warehouse to another (when held by a corner you can
really get them going, just like the hammer toss at the Olympics). While I
was there I never saw them handled any other way.
A friend of mine who did work of UPS told me of a chap at one of their hubs
who had it in for guitars and bikes (the packaging makes it very obvious
when you are handling one). His aim in life was to ensure that they got put
at the very bottom of a pile with the heaviest box he could find placed on
top. SICK...

Dan S.