[OM] Re: Olympus 35SP: Camera Store in Oakland (Photos)

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus 35SP: Camera Store in Oakland (Photos)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:08:26 -0800
Marc Lawrence wrote:
>> Moose wrote:
>> [...] He taught me a lesson about lens cleaning when I thought
>> an XA2 I bought from him had a scratch in the coatings.[...]
>>

> Was it any special kind of super-secret knowledge, or was it
> just that you hadn't tried to clean it yet?
The boring latter, I'm afraid. I saw a mark on the lens and was
concerned. Looking through a magnifier, I was pretty sure it was a
scratch into the coatings. As it was my first transaction with him, I
didn't want to touch it, for fear of being blamed for it myself. I sent
it back and he returned it immaculate. We split the shipping for the
extra round trip, as I recall.

Had it been mine, without the 'Bay aspect, I'd have just cleaned it and
found out it was nothing.

Moose