[OM] Re: OM 180/2.8 bokeh praised at RFF

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 180/2.8 bokeh praised at RFF
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:56:48 -0800
My method is somewhat easier, I think. It has the advantage of not
having to make selections which is good if the purple fringe is all
over the place. It may not be as clean as yours, but in computer
sized reductions or prints it seems to disappear.

Make a hue/saturation adjustment layer.

In the hue/saturation tool use the drop down menu to select blue or
magenta. Click on the color fringe to select its color. Reduce the
saturation with the slider so it is less intense. Then reduce the
lightness with the third slider by an equal amount. Keep an eye on
the sky so you do not over do it. If the fringe has a wide color
range you might have to do it again on the part that was not changed.
This fringe had a strong magenta edge as well. Helps to look at it at
200 percent while doing it. Easy and quick and will catch a whole
bunch of bare branches against a bright sky. This gets it for me 90
percent of the time without ever having to make a selection.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA