[OM] Re: Alternative to ICE4 for B&W Negative 2nd try

Subject: [OM] Re: Alternative to ICE4 for B&W Negative 2nd try
From: S Revlis <srevlis3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 04:38:18 -0800 (PST)
The link didn't work last time..

I just across came a review of the Polaroid software at:

  http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/photoshop/polaroid-dust-filter.htm

  he compares it to the native Photoshop dust and scratch filter and
the polaroid came out on top. He has two interesting mouse-over activated
before and after pictures there.

Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I didn't realize I was
throwing bricks. I also have a copy of the ill
performing Polaroid software (and others) and would rate their
performance as pretty poor. However, I've only ever tried this type of
software on color negative scans. My point was that an old B&W negative
might be of sufficiently low contrast that the software might have a
better chance of working since its fundamental mode of operation is to
detect high contrast areas as indicative of scratches and dust.

Dunno. Never tried it but think there's at least a small chance that it
might perform better then we expect.

Chuck Norcutt

Moose wrote:
> Joel Wilcox wrote:
>> Who's denigrating?
> I believe the brick was aimed at me, not you.
>
> Fortunately, cyber bricks don't do much damage. :-)
>
> Moose

> List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com