[OM] The Boss has spoken: compact/robust solution required: P&S gurus pl

Subject: [OM] The Boss has spoken: compact/robust solution required: P&S gurus please help
From: USHER99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:32:11 EST
Will be going on partial Zuiko trip to Mallorca and riding trip in  Aragon.
Must lug all the horse stuff and  Mike's last year's  Zuiko policy
characterized by Marnie as "no child left behind" will have to  go.
Have typically only used (hack, hack), " Koduck HQ" disposables in saddle
bag or carried in zip lock bag.  We have been on 6 or so of these and have
seen
much stuff lost during gallops, etc. Worst case scenarios: one year it
rained buckets all day.  We brought "rain gear" though not of the type for  9
hours
on horseback with a continuous deluge.  The only thing dry was my  cheapo
cam. in the zip lock bag.  Rarely can get soaked as well  crossing streams or
galloping across inlets (low tide).  I've floated  off a horse swimming before
trying to keep my boots dry.   Realistically, being as Type A as I am, chance
of
losing the item I would  estimate in the 2% range per trip.

Will typically have a nice OM kit (for both of us)  in the van  that meets us
for lunch, though often wished to have better gear during the  day.  Saw that
Oly has a shockproof, H20 proof Dig. Stylus, though seems  overkill  (and
expensive) for a limited application.  I do have a  Nik*n Cool pix 3200 I
obtained free (NIB).  I did not like a friends  that I had tried due to crummy
VF and
shutter lag and have not even opened  it.  It has a fair amount of linear
distortion as well, though how it  compares to what I had been using is not
clear. Only very occasionally would  anything be made larger than 5X7 for these
shots.  Film is fine too in  my book for this application.  Thanks in advance
for
any suggestions.   Hopefully I'll get a couple shots to post.
Mike