[OM] OT Re: Lose, Loose, Looser, Loser

Subject: [OM] OT Re: Lose, Loose, Looser, Loser
From: jem@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:21:23 +0100 (CET)

Gary,

Many non-English-native writers make few spelling mistakes. Why? Because
we build an English vocabulary through reading. For us 'their' and 'there'
are different animals from the beginning, and we tend to be grammar-aware
as well.

Native English speakers have to deal with plenty of homophones in a
spelling system that is only loosely phonetical, and they can dispense
with conscious grammatical analysis most of the time. Training is key.
That is, if you care enough about it.

And to get back on topic: a lucky shot. No software fudging other than
minilab negative scanning, and moderate cropping. Olympus OM-2, Zuiko
28mm/f2.8, Vivitar 2x converter, Fuji Superia Reala.

<http://nuntius.nuxit.net/oly/Img1.html>

Jose