[OM] Re: Iowa Eagles, was Energizer bunny

Subject: [OM] Re: Iowa Eagles, was Energizer bunny
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:43:34 -0800 (PST)
Joel (evil eye) Wilcox wrote:
> Now you're definitely scaring off the customers.  That's from the
> snack bar of the Edmund Fitzgerald (I think that was the name of
> the NPS ferry, but I could be wrong about that).

Thanks a lot.  I had just FINALLY gotten that song out of my head.
The official name of the boat is the "Ranger".  It's actually a
really big boat.  Not like the rowboats the private ferry operators
have.  A bit slow, though.  I think I'd rather be caught in a storm
in the Ranger than the others.

> Just two different stages in the ingestion of some interesting
> chili. Bill worked his way through a large bowl (long since
> finished by the time of the photo) and said something like "It
> ain't Texas, but the lady makes an interesting bowl 'a chili."

That was probably the best line from the trip.  That chili was unlike
anything I had ever seen before.  I played it safe and ate one of my
chili-in-a-box.  By this point the morning's Starbucks was pretty
well worn out.  The next photo shows that Mr Plaid-on-Plaid Gordon
had the right idea for the journey.

> I'm not PO'ed.  I look like that all the time, though I take the
> hat off to shower, sometimes (but not recently at the time of the
> photo).  No one was permanently harmed by the chili.

Does he, or doesn't he have hair under that hat?  We still don't
know.  Actually the "stink" wasn't overly bad.  It only took a month
to clear the odor out of my car.

I got to the island a few days before the gang arrived and did some
solo hiking.  By the time I came back out of the woods, I was pretty
ripe.  It's bad when you can't stand being in the same county as
yourself.  Thankfully there was a decent shower facility available.

AG

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.