[OM] Re: Zuiko 85mm F2 MC

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 85mm F2 MC
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:04:22 -0500
Assuming this started as a 24x36mm full frame 35mm image the "remarkable
detail" you're referring to has an actual resolution of about 12.5 line
pairs/mm.  A $10 disposable camera can probably resolve much more detail
than this.  The 85/2 is probably capable of something closer to 50-60
line pairs/mm or more.  My only point is, regardless of how nice the
image looks on screen, this particular image is a very far piece from
demonstrating the *resolution* capability of this lens.  The original
image should show far more detail than does this downsized version.  If
it didn't we'd all be wasting our money by buying DSLR's with more than
0.5 MP sensors.

Chuck Norcutt