[OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR

Subject: [OM] Re: Time lapse photography with your DSLR
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:33:30 -0700
> re image size changes:  Perhaps you've left the autofocus on and the
> camera is choosing to focus on different points between day and night.
> A change in focus distance will produce a slightly different magnification.

  No, and I'm sure I had autofocus turned off because the first time I
tried this, when it got dark I wound up with lovely in-focus shot of the
reflection of the camera.. It was set to manual focus, set on infinity
-- I never did work out what was going on. It's only a change of a few
percent, but I can't think why it would be inconsistent between
otherwise identical shots.

> re reflection from the window:  Change the angle of the camera if you
> can so that reflections can't shoot straight back.  But that might only
> mean you get the reflection of something else.

  Yeah, I played around with this a fair bit and the problem is that if
I change the angle too much I lose the interesting view. Possibly worth
another try, though.

  -- dan