[OM] Plastic Cameras

Subject: [OM] Plastic Cameras
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:34:24 -0500
Hi Folks,

Thank goodness for plastic cameras and lenses.  Yesterday I was using
the E-330 to document the broken handle mechanism/attached rods on
the LH door of the hobby car
(http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/73Vette.jpg) prior to removing the
mechanism and, when finished, placed the camera on the bench top
beside the car.  Somehow, while fooling around with the new handle
mechanism, I knocked the camera off the three foot high workbench
straight onto the concrete floor.  I had been using it in the Live
View B mode and the LCD was tilted up at about a forty-five degree
angle.  It all happened so fast that I don't have any idea what part
of the camera/lens hit first.  I picked the camera up expecting the
worse but it continues to work fine in all modes and I can't find a
mark on either the camera body or the 35mm macro lens that was
attached to it.  Sure did make my heart flutter for a second or two
though.  Anyway, I can't help but wonder if an all metal camera/lens
would have faired as well.

Be careful out there,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson