[OM] Re: Plastic Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Plastic Cameras
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:41:45 -0800 (PST)
Johnny,

Glad the camera survived the fall. Today I came across
this new product that I checked out and wrote to the
manufacturer to ask if it would save a camera if the
camera was accidentally dropped. The product is made
from metal and poly something or the other.

http://www.camerarmor.com/

They have similar types of things for IPODS, Cell
phones, and PSP's. Something to consider I guess. If
nothing then perhaps the lens armor product would be
good to have.

- Ali

--- Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Thank goodness for plastic cameras and lenses.
> Yesterday I was using
> the E-330 to document the broken handle
> mechanism/attached rods on
> the LH door of the hobby car
> (http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/73Vette.jpg) prior
> to removing the
> mechanism and, when finished, placed the camera on
> the bench top
> beside the car.  Somehow, while fooling around with
> the new handle
> mechanism, I knocked the camera off the three foot
> high workbench
> straight onto the concrete floor.  I had been using
> it in the Live
> View B mode and the LCD was tilted up at about a
> forty-five degree
> angle.  It all happened so fast that I don't have
> any idea what part
> of the camera/lens hit first.  I picked the camera
> up expecting the
> worse but it continues to work fine in all modes and
> I can't find a
> mark on either the camera body or the 35mm macro
> lens that was
> attached to it.  Sure did make my heart flutter for
> a second or two
> though.  Anyway, I can't help but wonder if an all
> metal camera/lens
> would have faired as well.
>
> Be careful out there,
> Johnny