[OM] Re: The real 24mm finals: Sumo-style monster vs little gem

Subject: [OM] Re: The real 24mm finals: Sumo-style monster vs little gem
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:15:07 -0800
I believe the point of his testing is to find the best lens to mount
on a Canon 1DsII. Although it's not clear who the author is, this is
the site Mike Hatam uses.

An earlier test showed that the performance of the Nikon 15/3.5 varied
dramtatically with the adapter's thickness. He had at first said the
lens was a dog when testing it with a thin Chinese made adapter. Later
he tested the lens using the thicker FotoDiox adapter and found the
lens worked very well. It's not just a matter of the focus being off.
He saw an odd donut pattern of sharp focus.

So if you're shooting OM's, E-System, or N*kons, his testing surely
isn't the gospel. If you're shooting a 1DsII or 5D, it's definitely
worth thinking about.

-jeff