[OM] Re: Does anyone have Experience with the RM-1 Olympus remote used w

Subject: [OM] Re: Does anyone have Experience with the RM-1 Olympus remote used withOlympus E500?
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:10:32 -0600
On 1/21/07, Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Using the RM-1 plus anti-shock gives one a huge feeling of
> > confidence,
>
>  Why do you use both -- if you're using anti-shock then presumably
> timing isn't essential when taking the shots, and in that case couldn't
> you just add another couple of seconds of MLU/anti-shock/whatever to
> handle possible motion from pressing the shutter?
>
>  Or is it just so you know you've done everything possible?
>
>  -- dan

Yeah, belt and suspenders.  More to the point, I don't always use
anti-shock, but I almost always use the RM-1 when the camera is
supported.  So when I use anti-shock I wouldn't want to confuse myself
by NOT using the RM-1.  I'm not too clever.  A reasonable set of
habits is often my only saving grace.

Joel W.