[OM] What am I missing here?

Subject: [OM] What am I missing here?
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:04:58 -0700
ebay : 270081226330

  It's a 4/3 set of extension tubes -- but they seem to be totally
manual. How is this meant to work? As all the 4/3-specific lenses need
power to be any use, you can't just hook your 14-54 on the end of these
tubes and get anything useful.

  So presumably they're meant to go along with a 4/3->OM converter, so
it's body -> 4/3 tubes -> 4/3-OM converter -> OM lens, but that seems
unnecessarily fiddly when you could just get OM extension tubes and have
the 4/3->OM converter at the body end of the setup as usual.

  The listing says "manual diaphragm and manual focus", so it's not
actively misleading, but I don't really see how it's any _use_ to anyone
without OM lenses.

  -- dan