[OM] Re: Unsung attribute

Subject: [OM] Re: Unsung attribute
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:53:06 -0800 (PST)
NSURIT wrote:
> Please forgive me, the devil has shown up again . . .
> AG, next  time let me know and I'll send you one of my pinhole
> cameras.  No shutter noise and no problem with subject movement.

Now that is too freaky.  I'm envisioning a graveside B&W pinhole shot
right now.  I doubt the family would like it, though.

> Oh, so you like the battery grip, do you?  Who would've  thought?
> Folks if you are using the e-1, you really do need the battery
> grip.

I have a love/hate relationship with it.  I dislike the added mass.
It makes the camera far heavier than I like.  It's not a walkabout
setup, that's for sure.  But for much of what I use the E-1 for, it's
very nice.  That battery life just goes on and on.  I do have
troubles with the weight and my wrist.  Also, the vertical grip shape
just isn't quite right.  It's got Canon-Syndrome where my fingernails
are cramped.

Things to dislike about the SHLD-2:  Weight, size, grip shape
slightly off, can't reach the playback button with the thumb and the
thumbwheel itself has a different position and when you set the
camera down it rocks forward onto the lens shade of the 14-54.

Things to like about the SHLD-2:  Vertical grip/release, battery
life, quieter, less vibration, faster autofocus,
personal-protection-device, intimidation and respect.

AG

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time