[OM] Re: OM-2n exposure needle problem?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2n exposure needle problem?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:32:16 -0500
A minor point but, to avoid confusion (ha, ha), speaking of maximum
aperture actually refers to the physical size of the opening and not the
value of the focal ratio.  Since "f/16" is a ratio of the physical size
of the lens opening to the focal length, the largest f-number is
actually the smallest aperture and not the largest.  f/1.8 on this lens
is the largest aperture although numerically the smallest.

Confusing isn't it?

Chuck Norcutt