[OM] Re: Unsung attribute

Subject: [OM] Re: Unsung attribute
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:37:41 -0800 (PST)
Dr Flash wrote:
> I've never shot a funeral and have never seen it done.  What type
> of photos did the family ask for?  What were you asked to provide
> as output, a set of 4x6 prints or something else?

In this particular case, I delivered a CD with the images as well as
a digital audio recording of the service.

My general list of things to shoot at the funeral:
- Open casket.  One last look.
- People viewing casket
- Flowers
- Family gathering
- Each person at the lecturn during the service
- Singers/musicians
- Entire room pictures showing all the guests
- Casket being carried out

At the interment:
- Casket being removed from the hearse
- Ceremony shots from a distance
- Random shots telling the story

At the luncheon:
- Standard reception style shots
- Family group shots

I've also taken pictures at the hospice or nursing home when somebody
has passed.  This is tough and I'm not fond of doing those as it is
such a private moment and as a non-family member I feel like an
intruder.

The pictures, just like the audio recording, are intended for those
who weren't able to make it there.  Whether or not they are ever used
is secondary--not my place to judge or guess.

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com