[OM] Re: LightRoom v.1 news

Subject: [OM] Re: LightRoom v.1 news
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:22:55 +0000
Ian

The iMac is a whizzer and great to use.  The 20" wide-screen format
is really useful; it has a 2.16 Core 2 Duo processor with 2Gb.  I
have just scanned a 645 negative at 4800ppi, producing a 550Mb 16-bit
file.  I doubt that my G4 would have handled that.

I have written to Apple asking for Aperture to have more than one
external editor selectable.  Being able to rescan would be good, but
I have a feeling that it does that automatically if you have it
referencing files.

If you get a decent price on the 11-22 (e.g. less than GBP500) why
not let me know and perhaps we can order 2 and get a discount?

Another suggestion is that you could use an iMac as the processor for
a DVD/Surround system, Especially if you got the 24".  It depends on
how big a screen you need for your lounge ...

Chris

~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.