[OM] Re: Unsung attribute

Subject: [OM] Re: Unsung attribute
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:24:00 -0500
On 1/22/07 3:22 PM, "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would much rather remember someone's life than their funeral.  /jmac

Ironically, this thought flashed through my mind this past Saturday. Trying
to keep the story short...

My mum died the week before, and most of the week was a blur, but it all
came together for the funeral on Saturday. (Being the eldest and the only
project manager by trade, the majority of the responsibility gravitated to
me, it seemed.) I'd written up a bit of a remembrance, but wondered if I was
going to be able to get through it - I don't like speaking from notes, so
was planning to wing it. It worked, and I think my story really filled in a
lot for people who had not know her all her life.

To the photography, though: after the service, I noticed one of the
long-time parishioners, with a camera, up at the front of the church, and
though it a bit odd. Turned out that she was photographing the photograph of
my mum, for the church archives. (I think I should send her a
first-generation image.)

Michael

OM content: none.