[OM] Re: OM-2n exposure needle problem?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2n exposure needle problem?
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:05:52 +0100
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:27:10 +0100, Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One other point to be noted is that the manual exposure match needle
> system that operates through the viewfinder is (like the OM-1) sensitive
> to extraneous light entering the viewfinder through the eyepiece.  This
> can cause exposure errors if the eyepiece is not blocked by the
> proximity of your eye.  But additional light would cause the camera to
> think the scene was brighter than it actually is and would lead you to
> underexposure.  But you're seeing the opposite so Moose is correct.
> Time to get the camera CLA'd.

I'd like to thank you all. At first I thought that something's seriously
wrong with the camera (OK, in fact something probably is wrong but if it
can be fixed with a simple CLA I really don't have to worry); the guy who
sold me it, claimed he is so much used to external lightmeter that he
barely notices the camera's lightmeter indications and he simply didn't
notice that it does not work as intended (he described the camera as 100%
functional, huh). The lightmeter indications are so basic matter to me
that it made me a little suspicious but, in fact, I don't have a reason
not to believe him. OTOH it didn't cost a fortune so, I guess, it's even
not worth to push on. A guy in a local camera store will have a look at it
tomorrow and it'll be CLA'd in the next week.

Thank you once again for all the advices.

--
Łukasz Grabuń
http://grabun.com/