[OM] Re: Unsung attribute

Subject: [OM] Re: Unsung attribute
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:47:44 -0600
James-
Generally, yes. That's one of the reasons I didn't bother taking any pictures
at my mother in law's
funeral today.
It was a bit different at my son's funeral. We had the burial first (no
pictures or video), then
the family all ate lunch (with some candid and group pictures), and then the
funeral service was
videotaped. It was more precisely called a memorial service instead of funeral
service because
there was no casket. We have a dvd of the service, and my parents have a copy
also. I think I've
watched it once, but my wife and daughter have seen it a few more times. The
lady who did the video
also created a book using pictures of my son, stills from the video, and a
transcript of the
service. We have shown that to some other people show could not attend, and to
the musician, so he
could see himself on stage.
Part of the difference to is the tone of the service. At the funeral today the
music consisted of
two hymns accompanied by an organ. At my son's memorial service the
accompaniment was an acoustic
guitar, and included songs like <a
href="http://www.amazon.com/Almost-There-MercyMe/dp/B000062Y7I";>
I Can Only Imagine</a> and <a