[OM] Re: More Lightroom

Subject: [OM] Re: More Lightroom
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:26:50 -0800 (PST)
Winsor wrote:
> It sort of confirms what I have felt, that these new apps are
> primarily designed for photographers who bring in a couple thousand
> images from a shoot and want to process and sift through them with
> as little expenditure of time and attention as possible.

Exactly!  And this is something woefully lacking.  Lightroom is a tub
so far and I'm having a hard time justifying a large expense for it
unless performance is in the neighborhood of RawShooter.

But, man-oh-man, what a pleasure it is to shoot an event, load it
into Lightroom, sort/select the keepers, apply crops, apply color
corrections to those that need it and output to DVD-ROM.  All within
one application, all as a single project.  Within minutes I can be
done with the entire project.  200 pictures from load to final output
is less than an hour.

Even so, I couldn't justify $600 USD for the software in its current
form.  Maybe when it allows spot editing and multiple versions of a
given image.  Also, the raw-converter needs to come up to speed.  ACR
is too mushy for my tastes for high-detail stuff and the color is
whimpy.

AG

Never miss an email again!