[OM] Re: Billy Pilgrim (was Yet Another Photo)

Subject: [OM] Re: Billy Pilgrim (was Yet Another Photo)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:06:21 +1100
> Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Well, it was a long time ago, and there was a lot of Scotch
> involved...

Hell, Bob, as a heavy reader (though, to contradict that,
I've only ever read 'Galapagos' from the Vonnegut stable),
I've got to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

By coicidence, I'm reading Primo Levi's 'If This Is a Man',
and some of your easy, uncomplicated rendering of recollection
gave a similar feeling to what I get reading Levi. I should
make plain though that, having gone from reading 'The Noonday
Demon' to 'Darkness Visible' to Levi's 'If This Is a Man',
your words inspired different feelings than the sense of
stunned horror and despair Levi's is currently leaving me
with (I know - I must read on to 'The Truce').

Thanks, Bob. You should write more. :-)

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz