[OM] Re: Attention 85 mm owners AGAIN (!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention 85 mm owners AGAIN (!)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:19:58 -0500
I don't think it's possible to say if there are any multicoated silver
nose 85mm/2's.  But, even if there are, if you knew nothing else about
the lens the probability is high that it's single coated.

My assumption is that this lens is single coated.  The serial number
falls between 109700 and 110800 which, according to the list at
<http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/LensXCoatings.txt> are
both single coated lenses.  104100 on this list is my own lens.  It
reflects predominantly yellow and blue/purple which I personally
consider to be an indicator of a single coated lens.  While it's
probably not a perfect indicator, I consider it unlikely that a lens is
multicoated if it doesn't have a strong green reflection.  Every lens
that I own that is explicitly labeled as multicoated, whether Zuiko or
something else, has a strong green reflection.

Chuck Norcutt