[OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:00:54 +0000

ScottGee1 wrote:
> Ah.  So, it's not a defect, it's a feature!
>
> I suppose we should be happy that they're not catching on fire like
> the batteries.  Or melting down like the CCD packaging.

About a week ago I had a uniross charger x1000 and a set of uniross
2300Ma AA Nimh batteries overheat and melt on me. Despite the charger
having over heating protection etc etc... I took what was left of it
appart and it seeme dto have two heat probes covered in thermal
conducting compound...
so perhaps the charger turning into melted toffie is also a feature...
The batteries where too hot to remove by hand and after two hours
cooling they where still painful to touch for more than few seconds just
the thing to keep you warm during cold winter nights.
James