[OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: noisy macs [was: Re: LightRoom v.1 news]
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:29:18 -0500
Yikes!  Again, could be a feature . . . keeps you warm on those cold
Winter evenings.  ;o)

There are some very strange things going on with rechargeable cell
technologies these days.  Chuck Norcutt has alerted us to a lot of
them.

I was looking for an additional charger for my C@non Li-Ion batteries
and checked eekbay.  Found a merchant offering a Canon brand one for a
very attractive price.  While scanning their feedback (which was
almost all positive) I noticed a negative with a comment about
counterfeit chargers.  Contacted that buyer who turned out to be an
EE.  He bought the same charger at which I was looking and noticed
anomalies in its performance.  Took it apart and found a mess.  He
took it to C@non to complain and they were very upset because even
though the charger bore their logo, the guts were NOT theirs.  Last I
heard they were going after the dealer.

Needless to say, I made sure I bought a genuine C@non one from another source.

FWIW/ScottGee1