[OM] OT Tough Month

Subject: [OM] OT Tough Month
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:45:54 -0800
Considering the volume of posts, it's probably just as well you have
heard little from me the last few days. :-)

You will hear from me only slowly for the next bit, too, and tardy, as
I'm quite behind.

I had to pull the health care Power of Attorney on my mother last Sunday
to get her into the hospital. "I CAN'T go! I just got out of there.".
But one brother and I get her there. And they managed to keep her alive
until my other brother made it in from Utah. Fortunately, they are
pretty lenient about visiting rules in come cases, so her best friend
and lost of family were with her most of Wednesday and one son and
daughter-in-law were with her when she quietly simply stopped breathing
at 11:25 that night.

It's one of these good news- bad news things. Anyway, the family is all
together and having a good time working together, so all is well in the
large sense. But as eldest, executor and incoming trustee of the living
trust, it appears I new have a new part time job I didn't want.

And my late wife's father died a week ago. I really liked him and will
miss him, but my job now is to be really available for my son, who lost
his mother at seven, now her Dad, with whom he was close, and now his
grandmother on my side.

Guess I have plenty to keep me from worrying about any problems of my
own.  ;-) I'm actually in better shape than my brothers, who have busy
lives and one of whom lives far away. Mom's decline and inevitable death
has been a part of my life for the last months, as I have spent a lot of
time helping and hanging out with her. My brothers have known in an
intellectual way, but not in the gut way I have.

Hope all your end up with a January better than that!

Moose