[OM] OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?

Subject: [OM] OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:13:17 -0800
I¹ve finally sold enough Nik*n MF gear on eekbay to spring for a digital P&S
to replace my aging Nik*n 995. Only been debating what to get for a year or
so.... Can*n S80 is the current front-runner. Offers a lot more control than
a F30 plus accessory wide lens that gets me to 22.4mm for interiors shots.
Anyone have one? I¹d thought I might get a Ricoh GR-D and a F30...$1400 for
the pair gets you the wide end and a superb interface with the GR-D, and
best-in-class high ISO with the F30. But I haven¹t sold that much gear
yet....and the S80 seems to get me about 80% of that capability for $425 or
so.

Rob in Seattle