[OM] Re: Mom so long ago -

Subject: [OM] Re: Mom so long ago -
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:50:23 -0800

and Walt Wayman wrote:
> Sorry. Wish I could take back such a morbid post. Not in a good mood right
> now.
Been there too, Walt. My last wife (so far ) died 18 years ago next
Tuesday* after a long illness with cancer. I have no idea which, sudden
or lengthy (and somehow still unexpected) is harder. I'm sure it depends
on those involved. Dealing with her things was a lengthy and painful
process. Best to leave time without deadlines, expect cycles of
emotional ups and downs, and cut yourself lots and lots of slack.

I can testify that life, love and happiness need not be over, but it
takes a while to open up to them again, or at least that's how it was
for me.

And now with the relatively immediate threat to your own life....... As
far as I'm concerned, vent whatever you feel the need to vent here among
friends.

Moose

* And Dad 20 years ago last Monday - I said January is a tough month,
didn't I?