[OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:08:13 -0500
Time required for the camera to autofocus and determine exposure after
you press the shutter button but before the shot is actually taken.  On
some P&S cameras is can be annoyingly long and even measured in seconds
rather than fractions of a second.  Some cameras are so slow you may
miss the shot.

Under low light conditions my Mynolta A1 can seem to hunt forever trying
to find focus.  Sometimes it will never find it.  Pressing the shutter
button ends up taking a photo a little different than intended or not at
all.  Very frustrating.  But the A1 never shows any appreciable lag that
I can recall from trying to determine exposure.  If it can't find focus
the solution is to switch to manual focus.  Then the shutter response is
immediate.

Chuck Norcutt