[OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:36:55 -0500
What Chuck said.  :D

Better mechanical cameras typically have very short shutter lag which
allows one to make a shot almost instantaneously.

Electronic cameras can be very quick as well, but a lot of the less
expensive models can be very slow -- as Chuck described.

As an olde school guy, I learned to shoot on fast cameras (Nikon F and
Leica M) so I prefer that now.  Long lag throws my rhythm off.

dpreview.com measures and reports various timings in their
comprehensive reports.  Alas, they have not reviewed the SP-350.

Thanks!/ScottGee1