[OM] Re: Canon FF Rumor

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon FF Rumor
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:32:37 -0800
My memory of when magazines published lens tests with lines/mm is
that a pretty good medium format lens could resolve 45 lpmm and a
really good 35mm lens could resolve between 65 and 80 lpmm. Looking
at photodo.com the Hasselblad scores range from 2.7 to 3.9 while
Leicas range from 3.2 to 4.6. That apparently demonstrates that the
advantage is in the format, not the lenses.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA