[OM] Re: OT: Shipping to England from the US

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Shipping to England from the US
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:23:44 +0000
I have not had any problems with USPS and I have reasonably expensive
kit shipped that way - my 9000ed for example. I cannot in any way shape
or form recommend UPS. I had 7 lenses one per month shipped from the USA
(KEH) every singe delivery had problems. They lied about attempted
delivery, they did not try to deliver. The part of UPS where you pay the
duty fees where not talking to the delivery parts so even if I paid the
duty fees quickly they still did not deliver for days (guaranteed 4 days
delivery right 0/7 on time) Even complaining was a joke. It would get
from the US to the uk no problem and then things would start to go wrong
from there. Once it got to the UPS delivery centre in Candem - less than
half an hour away from me then the fight really began. They would offer
afternoon delivery - which would never turn up - turned out UPS in
candem NEVER have afternoon delivery. Again and again they would promise
delivery and then say no one was there to pick it up. In fact no
delivery was attempted. I almost went nuts.
Eventually I got a sorry voice message that was it. It was horrible. At
one point UPS even threatened to send the lenses back because of non
payment. When I had paid. They contacted KEH to say I had refused the
duty payment and that got KEH pissed off. It was a horrid mess. In the
end I found out so many flaws with the UPs business process that when I
phoned them I would tell them what to do to make it work. But then they
would either refuse to do it the way I suggested or I would hit another
problem. I told KEH about the problems I had and they said I was not
alone and that they where seriously considering not using UPS for uk
deliveries anymore.

UPS.
Unreliable Parcel Service
Undeliverable Parcel Service
Unbelivably Pathetic sh*tup
..
..
take your pick whilst on the phone to them I thought of quite a few more

James