[OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:56:15 +0000
Just now ordered one. Amazon loves me. And thanks for helping me spend more
money. But it may be money well-spent considering all the old photographs I've
got. And I've got the T10 and cross polarizer too, so maybe I can rescue some
of the really old ones.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> In chapter 8 of Ctein's new book "Digital Restoration from Start to
> Finish" he describes methods of using noise reduction software to deal
> with removing the texture from the scanning of textured papers by
> treating it as noise.  He gives examples using both Neat Image and
> Picture Window Pro and also discusses methods to minimize loss of image
> detail during the procedure.  $26.37 from Amazon with free shipping.
> <http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Restoration-Start-Finish-photographs/dp/024080814
> 2/sr=8-1/qid=1170095544/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-3192476-2323027?ie=UTF8&s=books>

--snip--