[OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:30:58 -0600
On 1/29/07, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel I-80 Wilcox wrote:
> > It appears to me that the original negative was printed and then
> > enlarged to 11x14.  It was then either sepia toned or given some
> > other kind of warm brown tone.  This then was hand-colored.
>
> It may also have just been a poorly washed print that suffered from
> fixer "toning".

I don't think the fixer had much hardener in it, which might have been
par for the times.  It does seem to have been completely washed out,
as the tone (other than the uneven surface) is even from the center to
all the edges.  When it was made, this was a first-class piece of
photographic work.

> Did you try using the 14-54?  I'd think that it would have been quite
> sufficient for this task.

Unfortunately, the T10 only works with 49mm and 55mm lenses, otherwise
I'd have used the DZ 14-54 in a heartbeat.

Joel W.