[OM] Re: 85 mm owners: Your help needed : Serial numbers for 85mm lens a

Subject: [OM] Re: 85 mm owners: Your help needed : Serial numbers for 85mm lens an...
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 22:03:00 +0100
In my copy of 'The World of OM Systems' from 1977 it is specified as the
F.Zuiko 6/4.

In my copy of the SIF of October 1979 it is still specified as 6/4 but
the lens diagram shows it as 5/4. The lens images however are of an
'silver nosed' F.Zuiko (meaning 6 elements). The lens is described as
Zuiko MC 85mm F2 (w/o the F. designation).

So it appears the design was changed in 1978 or 1979 together with the
coating; its name on the front ring was changed from F.Zuiko to Zuiko
MC.

Hans