[OM] Re: Point of entertainment, Part II

Subject: [OM] Re: Point of entertainment, Part II
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:34:21 -0800 (PST)
BP wrote:
> Isn't it a Zeiss response?

Yeah, sorry.  I was laughing too hard to keep up with the details.

Ok, here goes.  Paraphrased quotes and my response in ().

1. "The C-SONNAR T* 1/5/50 ZM is a very special lens"  (too wierd to
describe)

2. "C in the name stands for classical lens design."  (we couldn't
come up with any new ideas)

3. "Achieve pictures with a special artistic touch."  (totally screws
up the scene)

4. "'Draws' your subject in a fine, flattering manner."  (anybody got
a pencil sharpener?  My lead broke)

5. "Ideally suited for portraiture."  (avoid those unflattering
facial hairs)

6. "Renders a sharpness that is slightly rounded"  (perfect for
photographing bulimic models--DO NOT use on Tyra Banks)

7. "Less aggressive than contemporary lens designs."  (brings new
meaning to 'smoked glass'.  Peace Dude!)

8. "Not soft in its rendition."  (metal lens mount?)

9. "...During the 1930's used this technique to great effect." (boy,
that's 'depressing')

10. "Potrays the person in a shining, nearly celestial way."
(GHOST!)

11. "This effect is very well balanced and not exaggerated." (this
was as good as we could make the lens)

12. "Many viewers see it in a subconscious way."  (doesn't exist,
marketing speak for 'sucker born every minute')

13. "The trained observer, however, understands the underlining
technique and enjoys the results."  (they drank the cool-aid)

14. "This lens design exhibits some additional effects."  (if you
only knew what we botched up in engineering...)

15. "Which should be understood to achieve the maximum benefit."  (do
you like grape or orange cool-aid?)

16. "The best focus position i the object space can not be kept
exactly constant for all f-stop settings."  (We REALLY botched up
this lens design)

17. "The passionate photographer..."  (somebody not legally blind)

18. "...might notice a slightly closer best focus in his pictures
than expected."  (you see that Infra-Red focusing dot?  It's just on
the other side of that)

19. "When stopping down the lens to F/2.8 or smaller this effect is
minimized, so the focus position will be as expected."  (I can't even
come up with a response to this one)

20. "In order to balance the performance at full speed and other
f-stop settings the lens is adjust with the above described
characteristic."  (we only tested the lens at infinity)

21. "The special features...."  (screw ups)

22. "...are best used in emotional... (it'll make you cry that you
spent all that money on this piece of junk)

23. "...artistic..."  (modern art)

24. "...narrative images..." (you have to add the thousand words so
people know what you photographed)

25. "...portraits or atmospheric landscapes."  (don't even bother
using it for a commercial assignment)

26. "For documentation or technical subjects...use the PLANAR T* 2/50
ZM lens."  (I'm speachless)

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com