[OM] Ringlight Transplants [Was: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo resto

Subject: [OM] Ringlight Transplants [Was: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer photo restoration project (long)]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:45:04 -0800
> From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
>
> How do you plan to do this?  Will you sacrifice the old Control
> Unit plug or
> will it be switchable between the new FC-1 and the old OM system unit?

I'm planning to replace the OM-System cable on the T-10 and T-8 with
the E-System cable. (I got two of them from John Hermanson.)

The FC-1 plugs are simple square posts, so if I wanted to put the OM-
System flash back on the T Power Control, it would be fairly simple
to salvage the old cable as an adaptor, using some Molex female pins
and shrink-wrap or something similar. (Note to self: label the leads
on the old cable! :-)

> I am in the process of making an adapter for my new cheap eBoy
> Angle Finder.

I put a Varimagni Finder on a mill and removed about 0.5mm from the
flange on either side, and now it fits my E-300. Although a bit
sloppy, it still goes on an OM viewfinder, as well. I've got some
photos of the surgery that I might get around to putting up somewhere...

:::: The next-to-the last time the world saw a one-party democracy
was Nazi Germany. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::