[OM] ZD 14-54mm questions

Subject: [OM] ZD 14-54mm questions
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:04:14 -0500
I seem to remember this question being addressed before though I want to
confirm the answer.  I just received my new 14-54mm this afternoon.  I
love it and can't wait to take some images. :) I should have purchased
this lens when I bought the E-1.  Just noticed... when using manual
focus I am able to focus past infinity at all focal lengths.   Is this
normal?  I never really paid much attention to it in the past as my
40-150mm and 14-45mm don't have distance scales.  I just now discovered
my 40-150mm does this as well though not nearly as noticeable as the
14-54mm.  The lens box was packed very loosely in shipping and I just
want to make sure there wasn't any damage.

BTW, is it my imagination or does the 14-54mm auto focus a heck of a lot
faster than the 14-45mm?

Richard L