[OM] Re: OT Film Scanner V ED vs 5000 ED

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Film Scanner V ED vs 5000 ED
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:22:12 -0000
The entire-roll scanning option on the 5000 (and 4000) indeed sounds really
nice, but does need careful thought.  The add-on comprises a large drum
which fits on the back of thscanner, over the exit slot you mention.  The
scanner draws the film into that drum and proceeds to scan - overnight, for
example.  SO you return in the morning to find your whole film scanned at
4000 dpi with ICE and GEM applied which indeed is fine and dandy.  AND your
film is spread on the desk/chair/floor, which isn't fine and dandy.

As I said, it needs thought!

--
Piers