[OM] Taking the sp350 for a spin

Subject: [OM] Taking the sp350 for a spin
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:13:09 -0800
Wed morning I threw a thermos and tripod in the truck along with Scout,
my run-a-muck mutt, and we headed off to catch the sunrise. Days have
been nice for a change and the mornings a bit frosty. Headed for one of
our favorite spots  set up the tripod and drank hot tea until the sun
came up. You'll recognize this spot as I have lots of photos taken here.
Since the sp350 only goes to about 38mm equiv I figured to try
overcoming that by stitching. First I tried a series well before sun up
for a panorama but there wasn't enough light for the auto focus. That
was lesson one. The second lesson was that in sections of mostly sky and
water there isn't enough detail for a program like Autostitch  to find
matches. All-in-all I was mostly satisfied the way things turned out.
Things will improve when I learn how all the "features" work. Trying to
fumble through screens in the near dark with gloves on while mounted on
a tripod plus lousy eyesight makes one appreciate an OM4.

Here is a selection all taken on AUTO setting. originally HQ before
reducing for web.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/1-31-07/pano37-40.jpg
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/1-31-07/pano141-3.jpg
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/1-31-07/151.jpg
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/1-31-07/164.jpg
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/1-31-07/176.jpg

This last one was taken by my wife of me and Scout at sunset the night
before.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/1-31-07/115.jpg

Mike