[OM] Re: Vuescan update da jour

Subject: [OM] Re: Vuescan update da jour
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 06:12:12 -0800 (PST)
> Things still not up to snuff
> - Noise removal.  I could swear that it's gotten worse.

Oops, I meant to say "Dust and Scratch Removal".  ICE it isn't.  As
to the Grain Reduction, I think it's doing much better than
before--but does tend to soften edge-definition a touch more than
GEM, but without the silly putty look.  Even the sharpening looks
better.

Also, for those who aren't aware of some of the resent additons,
Vuescan has both high and low Curves adjustment.  Prior versions only
let you set the high/low points and that was about it.  It's not
unlike using ACR. (only a little clutzier).

AG (doing my part to start the film revolution) Schnozz

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.