[OM] Re: OT Slide Projector Help

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Slide Projector Help
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:25:39 -0800
Bruce Nolting wrote:
> And what about the sappy emails my mother in law is always forwarding?!?
> You know the ones - music blaring and cutesy gif's wiggling all over the
> place.  Can't hit the "x" fast enough.  I don't even open them anymore if I
> even suspect that's what it is.
This could come across wrong, what with the un-nuanced nature of email,
but is not meant as anything more than a gentle reminder of what's
really important to most of us.

We buried my mother yesterday. Her less than ideal qualities seemed
pretty unimportant at that time. Enjoy her while you have her.

> If I want music I'll play it myself, thank you very much!
I do agree there! My current pet peeve is Quicken. A wonderful program
that I wouldn't want to try to do without. But it plays this little
fanfare when it opens, which is fine unless someone has been watching a
video or listening to music and left the volume up, then it almost
knocks me off my chair. I haven't found a way to silence it. Shooting
the computer or its other users isn't a useful option. :-)
> Almost as bad as the gas pumps that blare advertisements at
> you the moment you hit 'start.'
I haven't run into that, and hope it doesn't arrive here. That could
mark my entree into local activism.

Moose