[OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 20:45:15 +0000
On 04/02/07, Jeff Keller <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Many of us aren't thrilled to be paying the asking price for a new
> flash for the new digital SLRs. Will Crocket's shootsmarter.com has an
> article covering on camera flash but it doesn't help the cost.

I've been a fan of Sunpak's non-dedicated hot shoe flashes for a
couple of decades now, primarily because they offer 5 different guide
numbers (full power, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16th) which makes them quite
versatile for fill flash and macro.  That's in addition to the auto
sensor on the front.

If I didn't already have an Auto 30SR and an Auto 36DX (which is
actually Minolta dedicated, but you don't have to use that bit) I'd
probably buy myself one of these:

http://www.tocad.com/flash/383.html